Cat-Flap Cat

17:41:00


Cat-Flap Cat!

Here's a concept I've been working on for my entry in a competition for Picture Hooks illustration mentoring scheme!


It's about Cat-Flap Cat!
He's white and sports a stylish red sleeveless jacket. He gets his name from his ability to open portals to a magical world where he can play with his peculiar friends. When he wants to return to his home in our world, he uses an enchanted marble as a compass!




Cat-Flap Cat peaks curiously out of the cat-flap
Cat-Flap Cat peaks out of a cardboard cat-flap.
Picture Hooks, 3 page sequence (cont.).
Cat-Flap Cat makes a new friend
Cat-Flap Cat explores.
Picture Hooks 3 page sequence.

Cat-Flap Cat and the Magical Wool Ball chatting
Cat-Flap Cat gets a key so he can visit any time.
Picture Hooks, 2 page spread.



Here are some photos and scans of my creative process. I wanted to make a very strong mark on the judges so I took the time to create the characters first so that I would know exactly where I'm going with my final drawings.




Cat-Flap Cat character sheet
Cat-flap Cat, character sheet.
Wool Ball Character sheet
Magic Wool Ball, character design sheet.




My pile of thumbnails!



Cat-Flap Cat, thumbnails.





You Might Also Like

0 comments